Attendance to class is highly encouraged at all levels. Technique, combinations and class routine is a continual process and will be revisited weekly.
Each student will receive a packet of information that will go out the last week of the month including newsletters, notes about upcoming events and any open invoices.
The first full week of every month is Main Street Spirit Week. Students are allowed to wear any dance attire as long as it has the Main Street logo on it. If a holiday falls during spirit week, we will resume this event the next month. This gives the students a chance to show their Main Street spirit and also to change up the attire. They work so hard to maintain proper dress, we feel as though they have earned this privilege. Of course, regular class attire is allowed.
Main Street follows the calendar set by the Tangipahoa Parish School for holidays and school closings. Dates will be posted in the newsletter and on the bulletin board in the observation area.
Main Street will post important monthly news on the website. Email questions through our contact form.
Main Street will celebrate some holidays in the studio with a small party at the end of class. Information will be given out with the monthly packets. Sign up sheets will be on the bulletin board for parents interested in sending items for the party. Birthday celebrations are acceptable and will only be done during the last five minutes of class. Cupcakes are preferred so that the students can take them as they leave.
- Main Street students are expected to abide by and obey the rules and dress code set by their teacher.
- Parent/teacher conferences will be set throughout the year to discuss each student's progress.
- Students will be praised weekly on progress, good behavior and Christian-like actions.
- Monthly newsletters will be given out to keep you informed of upcoming events and dates. Information will also be posted on this website.
- Main Street will observe the same holiday schedule as the Tangipahoa Parish School System.
- Good attendance is necessary in order for each student to maintain class instruction as well as progress. Perfect attendance awards will be given out at the conclusion of the dance year.
- Students should arrive and be picked up for class on time.
- Students should use the bathroom before class.
- Water bottles only are allowed in class.
Expenses for the year
Tuition is due at the first of the month. A $10.00 late fee will be added to accounts not paid by the 10th of each month. $20.00 NSF charge on returned checks.
*Costumes will be ordered December 1st.
**Deposits are non-refundable once costumes have been ordered.